Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

WEST COAST WEDDING

SURFER BOY TIES THE KNOT
I met the bride a few months before the wedding,
but I've known the groom since he was in grade school

he grew up on a surfboard in Huntington Beach
he's always had a little piece of my heart...
and to us, he's family...


So, of course, I was so happy to help them with their wedding.

in shades of coral and peach

in a loose, flowy, windblown, beachy style
and clouds of baby's breath


beachy, but beautiful...
here is one of the bridesmaids' bouquets

and my kitchen overflowing with creations of roses, babys breath and hydrangeas
and yes, those are persimmons hanging below...

and owing to the casual but elegant nature of this beach style wedding

I borrowed this avocado crate from my friend, Julia

I seriously think this is one of my favorite arrangements
ever


The venue was the historical Newland Barn in Huntington Beach, California


For the wedding and reception, one of the groom's friends made them this amazing wooden 'surfboard' for their guests to sign

I had my niece in Houston, TX create the vinyl lettering for the board.  
[Seriously, if you need anything vinyl, she's great - sends you proofs and ships promptly] 

We decorated with shells, a glass lamp filled with shells, mason jars and burlap, lace and chalkboards
and breezy, beachy, windblown florals....
the bride and groom had a little photo shoot under the HB pier
and we included those photos in rustic and worn frames

the groom created two of these standing chalkboards for me
and I had fun with the lettering
especially since the 'chalkboard' is actually contact paper (sold on Amazon) made specifically for chalkboards
and the 'chalk' was actually liquid chalk markers (got mine at Save-On-Crafts) 
- removable with water...
I love modern progress

we couldn't have a beach style wedding without a few surfboards
and true to the theme, I found some little wooden ones for the placecards, as well...
names on the front
table number on the back
and stood them up in trays filled with sand

adorable!

still my favorite arrangement!

[sweetheart table ]
for the rest of the reception we set up long tables with white linens,
burlap and lace runners, and centerpieces of babys breath and roses in mason jars
We filled lanterns with shells, and added the hanging mason jars from the wedding aisle to the tables after the wedding...
(no photos available of that right now, but I will update when I get some!)

One of our flower girls wasn't too sure about wearing the flower crown
even though it looked so so cute on her with long coral ribbon streamers in the back

but our other flower girl and the Jr. Bridesmaid wore them like royalty
Marisa's beautiful daughter was the maid of honor

In the end, our little flower girl decided to toss petals instead of wear them...

but was still darling...


Mark and his beautiful bride, Marisa

joined hands

 
and joined families
and tied the knot...

in a truly beautiful 

and joyous ceremony




presenting.... Mr. & Mrs. McAuley...


at the sweetheart table
with the lovely mother of the bride

first dance as husband and wife...
and happily ever after...
so happy for both of you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...